Friday, December 11, 2009

Extreme Propagation: Pothos. Will this work?

I was thinking of cutting a foot long vine from a Pothos plant and putting it into a baking pan full of water. Then letting the roots grow out for 2 weeks, and finally cutting along the stem to make individual plants to pot.





Will this be success or complete failure?





Thanks.Extreme Propagation: Pothos. Will this work?
I have done this dozens of times successfully w/pothos. It is one of the easiest plants to propagate from cuttings. I usually just put a stem w/leaves in a glass of water for a few weeks, and then I plant the new rooted cutting. Make sure it gets a bit of sun, and good luck!Extreme Propagation: Pothos. Will this work?
It will work as long as each piece has 1 leaf, and one place where roots come out. (Usually on pothos it is a little bump, and usually next to a leaf.)





Just give it light %26amp; when I do this, I am sure to change the water every few days.





It works just fine... I have done this with good results...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection