Saturday, December 5, 2009

How does this work with my grandmas estate?

i inherited a third of my grandmas estate along with my two other uncles. my uncle and i are selling my grandmas home to my other uncle for $465,000, below fair market value. does my uncle that is buying the home get a third of the $465,000 plus the home or does he just get the home and my other uncle and i split the money we get for the house.? i am so confused!!!!How does this work with my grandmas estate?
If the estate is split between the three of you, you would each get one-third of the total value of the estate.





If the house is valued at $465k, and Uncle #1 buys it for $465k, he'd still get a third of the remaining estate, unless the money he buys the home with is from the estate already. If he got some cash from the estate (his 1/3 share) and then used it to buy you and your other uncle out, he gets the house and you split the profits with Uncle #2.





Get it all in writing!How does this work with my grandmas estate?
You need to have the house apprased by an independent appraiser. You all three then are owners of the appraised amount. Lets say it apprasied for 300k. Now, lets assume you guys are selling it to one of the other parties at below market value, say 250k. The 2 parties not buying the house each get 100k and the person buying the house ';keeps'; the 50k.





Make sense?
The uncle buying the house shouldn't get anything but the house. You and your other uncle should be able to split the money you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection