Friday, December 11, 2009

I just started working this month, will I be able to claim my daughter on my income taxes?

how does it work and would i receive a refund?


ive heard of an EIC, does that apply to me?


i am single and my child is 6 months. (i dont receive child support and the father is not claiming her on taxes)


(on my w-4 i have 1 exemption)I just started working this month, will I be able to claim my daughter on my income taxes?
There is a $1,000 per child child tax credit that you could be eligible to receive, however, it is not a refundable credit, and you could only use it to offset any regular tax liability that you have. If you income is under a certain level, yes you are eligible for the EIC (Earned Income Credit). There are 3 levels for the EIC, one level is for someone who has no children, second level is for someone with 1 child, and third level is for someone with 2 or more children. I have attached a link to the EIC for you. Also, because you have a child, you should be able to file as Head of Household, since the father is not claiming her.I just started working this month, will I be able to claim my daughter on my income taxes?
You will be able to claim her. You may qualify for EIC it will all depend on how much you earn. You'll be able to figure that out when you get your taxes filing information. As for your W-4....I've heard all different things. I've heard that it doesn't matter how many exemptions you claim on that as long as you claim the exact amount on your tax form. Check with someone who knows taxes a little better. You will also get to check the ';head of household'; box on your taxes...that sometimes helps with refunds as well.
Yes, if she lives with you for at least six months out of the year you can get EIC.


http://www.taxformprocessing.com/tax/faq鈥?/a>
Yes you can claim the daughter on taxes. Must have a social security number to claim....Goes on the 1040 tax form.... Baby has to live with you......
Yes, you should be able to claim her.





Eligibility for EIC depends on your total income for the year and a few other restrictions, but you would probably be eligible this year for EIC - the amount depends on your income and can be anywhere from $4 to over $2700. If your income for the year is under around $32,000, you will most likely get something for EIC. That's a refundable credit, which means that if you are eligible, you get it even if you don't owe any taxes or have anything withheld - you do have to file a tax return though to get it, even if your income is below the limit where you are required to file.
Yes, you may claim your daughter or add dependents at any time as long as they qualify as dependents. You can also change your ';exceptions'; on your w4's at any time.





You may also qualify for ';child tax credit'; for this year. You must meet qualifications in order for you to received this credit (usually $1000.00 per child)





Good Luck
yes you can claim your daughter on your taxes. the refund amount won;t be known until after you file your taxes, but for sure you should get a refund and maybe every bit you paid in taxes, plus you can take the earned income tax credit ( eic ) as long as you don;t go over the amount listed in the tax booklet you get around december. also depending on ahich state you live in you should be able to get ( wic ) coupons for your child and possibly food stamps. You'll have to call the state welfare to see what they offer. best you take what you can get at least to help with your child benefits.
If whomever supported her for the previous 8 months is Not claiming her as a dependent , then you can .


Only 1 person can claim a child for that year .





%26gt;
You'll get a nice refund!! When my little tax deduction got her own job, there went my wonderful refund. Enjoy it while you can. Try to save a little. It's hard, but try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection