Saturday, December 5, 2009

I dyed my hair dark brown, i want light brown again, if I buy a pre lightening kit will this work, or be worse?

I purchased the Herbal Essence Pre Lightening Kit, blonde, do I use it or I'm I better forgetting about it?I dyed my hair dark brown, i want light brown again, if I buy a pre lightening kit will this work, or be worse?
No no no!!! it will make it ginger, don't do it!





Go on ebay, there's a product there called ';Color Oops';, its exactly the kinda product you need to use. Its gentle and will get rid of the colour.





Here's why bleaching doesn't work: your normal hair shaft is now covered with little dark hair colour pigments. When you now bleach your hair (with the pre lightening kit) that will not get rid of the pigments but bleach the middle of the hair shaft underneath. I.e. you will have bleached hair with brown pigment on top. End result: horrible ginger hair in a very bad condition. (it will break and be like straw)





Color oops removes dark colour safely. Its pricey but worth it. plus for dark dark hair mistakes theres the extreme version.I dyed my hair dark brown, i want light brown again, if I buy a pre lightening kit will this work, or be worse?
Oh blimey not really good. To be honest it will make it worse as pre lightening kits are designed to aid tints to lighten to the shade on the box as they contain bleach. Hair dyes only lift a few shades lighter than your NATURAL colour on top of colour will not lift colour. If you do this pre lightening, you will end up with very unnatural red dull hair. you are best to leave it or go to a salon where they have tints to rectify the problem.
You need to be really careful with products like that. Usually they are made for ';virgin'; hair and not hair that has dye or color already on it. That is why some people go green or orange because they do it themselves with ';overthecounter'; products. I would recommend going to a professional for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection