Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have been put in to work this bank holiday monday am i entitled 2 time and a half???

I am 17, I work part time, I am only contracted to 4 hours per week and my ontracted day is a sunday.I have been put in to work this bank holiday monday am i entitled 2 time and a half???
No, unless it's in your contract. I worked every bank holiday for a travel agency, and all we were entitled to was time off in lieu - we didn't even get the option to get paid for it instead!I have been put in to work this bank holiday monday am i entitled 2 time and a half???
bank holidays are becoming a thing of the past mate, i seem to be working all of them this year, i even worked christmas day boxing day and new years day, my shift is 5 days on 3 days off so its like an 8 day week, although i get 3 days off every week my weekends can be in the middle of the week they move forward one day every week, and each shift is 12 hours so im working a 60 hour week to.
I don't think there is anything in law which says what you should be paid.....generally you are paid extra for working a Bank Holiday....but as to whether is is an entitlement...that is another question....didn't your boss tell you.....I would have asked before I came in.
Its your normal rate of pay + either a day off in loo or 8-9 hrs pay on top for the bank hol at least thats how my employers do it, so if you worked 8hrs you would get 16hrs pay, 8hrs work +8hrs for bank hol
If you are contracted to work on a Sunday then they cannot make you work Monday, if you do work then they should pay you time and a half, check with the manager...
They can't make you work Monday if you arn't contracted to work Monday.





You should ask.
You can always ask. It should give your boss a laugh.
It depends what is in your contract of employment, read it and see.
No. Unless it is expressly stated in your contract.
double bubble at least i would have thought...
...yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection