Saturday, December 5, 2009

In home daycare how do you work this?

I am possibly starting on Monday to babysit for a 2yr old and 7 month old. I need to find a contract for this client to sign, what should I include in it. Also is 150.00 a week a good price with a 75.00 deposit going towards the first week. Please give me advice.





Thanks,In home daycare how do you work this?
From when they have taken you into employment there is a verbal contract, are you qualified to look after children? How many hours a week are you working? What is the 拢75 deposit for?





Please provide more information and I can then answer in more depth.In home daycare how do you work this?
Are you licensed? Being licensed by the State is the law in many states and it's for your protection.





Contract: make your own on a Word Document. Mine started out as This contract is written between (my name) of (my childcare's name) and (space for parent/guardian's full name) and/or (space for other parent/guardian's full name) to provide care for (spaces for up to 3 children's full names and birthdates).





They chose their calendar plan (full year/12 months; school year; or other (and space to state the other).





I didn't have a deposit but I did have 2 weeks advance notice statement. If 2 weeks advance notice was not given then there would be a fee of two weeks care being charged.





I also included a payment section.


* How often they will pay.


* What the rates are (full-time, part-time, drop-off, multiple children, etc.)





Then,


My signature below states that I undersatnd and agree with the terms written in this contract. Space for parents/guardians' signature and dates. And a space for my signature and date.





I strongly suggest you have a policy handbook and have them ';sign-off'; that they have read and agreed to the policies.





As for rate: it depends on how many hours they will be there a week. A general idea is to take what your State would reimburse for qualifying families and up it about.50/hr.





Good luck!
You can find a lot of good info on the following site.





http://daycare.suite101.com/article.cfm/child_care_contracts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection