Saturday, December 5, 2009

My steam iron suddenly stopped working this morning. when I plugged in , it tripped.?

I have tried to plug it in other sockets but resulted in same. All other appliances are working fine at home. do u think I need to buy new one?My steam iron suddenly stopped working this morning. when I plugged in , it tripped.?
Check to see if you need a new fuse in the plug first before going out %26amp; buying a new iron. I bought a new iron from Tesco a couple of weeks ago that only cost me 拢4.10 lol...it is from their Value range of electrical goods. Don't be put off by the price coz it is the best iron I've ever used %26amp; it's got a good guarantee with it too. Why pay more when you can get a really good item for less than a fiver!My steam iron suddenly stopped working this morning. when I plugged in , it tripped.?
Thanx to the community for giving me the Best Answer x Report Abuse

No , replace the fuse and check the plug for any loose connections in the wiring.


Also check the general condition of the flex it should not have a lot of wear or damage to the outer skin.If there is a kink in the flex this may indicate a broken wire.


A new flex can be fitted if required , cheaper than buying a new iron.
What tripped? Your circuit breaker or do you mean your iron just stopped working. If the iron just stopped working it could be the plug fuse, a loose connection in the plug or the iron or a faulty heating element. If your breaker tripped when you plugged it in it's probably time to get a new iron.
Change the fuse in the plug. Make sure you replace the fuse with the right grade, this is probably the same as the one already in. If the Iron still doesn't work, or if the new fuse immediately blows, it is safer and easier to replace the iron.
Your thinking is correct. The element in your iron is shorting to earth hence the tripping of the RCD so it would be cheaper to buy a new one
you probably just need to change the fuse.
No you need to change the fuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection