Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Will this recipe work?

I'm thinking of trying something new with my frozen boneless chicken filets. I'm thinking of putting them in a casserole dish (still frozen) and smothering it with garlic and herb marinade. Do you think it would work?


I just want to make something fast and easy.Will this recipe work?
Sure, if you cook them very slowly and for a long time... give the oven time to thaw them then cook them.Will this recipe work?
It will work, alright, just be prepared for alot of liquid in the dish. As it cooks from a frozen state, the chicken will release their juices, and because they start out frozen, the marinade may not penetrate the chicken to the desired taste level...so, just keep that in mind.
Sounds good to me..Over egg noodles or rice....?
I don't think that sounds so good, if you defrost them (I put my meat in the sink while i'm at work so it's defrosted when I get home) and marinade them at the same time and then grill them when you get home it will me much easier and much tastier.
I don't like to cook meet when it's still frozen.





But if you could grill the chicken ahead and wrap them will you'll be a of the game each night, you could just come home steam some veggie's or make a salad with dice chicken.





Good luck and happy cooking
I would probably work but I would not recommend it, the meat will tend to cook unevenly when put in the oven right out of the frig or freezer.
Sure, that sounds just fine, but not in a too hot of a oven, maybe 350. Do not cook the chicken to death as it will dry out too much. I would serve this over rice or pasta for a yummy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection