Thursday, June 24, 2010

Does anybody know about this 60 day notice they give you when a plant closes works?

My plant is shutting down and some of it is moving to another plant. I was first told. I would be given a 60 day notice when they no longer needed me. They then offered me a lower paying job and was told if I didn't take it. I volunteered for lay off and I would be terminated at their earliest convience. I was able to get a date from them which was one week. For some reason, this sounds illigal. What are your thoughts on this?Does anybody know about this 60 day notice they give you when a plant closes works?
It sounds like you were given an opportunity to take another job, and you refused - therefore you quit...





If you feel you have legal recourse, don't ask poeople here - all you'll get are shaky opinions at best - do yourself a favor, and seek legal counsel. For the cost of an initial visit, which may be free, you'll be certain of the answers you're given.Does anybody know about this 60 day notice they give you when a plant closes works?
Honestly the company can really lay you off whenever they feel like it as long as they let you know beforehand and you dont have a contract or are in a union or anything.
Why not just go into business yourself and then you never have to worry about lay offs. I have an opportunity that might be what you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection