Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stripping the membranes does this work?

my doctor has stripped my membranes today at the office. I am 38 weeks pregnant. Do you think this is going to work or am i getting my hopes up?Stripping the membranes does this work?
its a 50 / 50 chance, but from my experiences yes it does I have had it done three times and delivered the next day each time, so get some rest, make sure you are 100% packed for the hospital and congratulationsStripping the membranes does this work?
It will work if the baby is ready, but it won't work if the baby isn't. All procedures carry risks. Your doctor should have discussed these with you.
it worked for me, my water broke the same night! it hurt like hell when she did it, but that night my water broke and the next day i had my beautiful son. Good Luck and God Bless!
It can help but its not a magic wand. I had this done to me twice during my second pregnancy (baby was due Dec 25 so I was also 38 wks when I had it done 6 years ago this week!) and had my baby within the week. but I was already dialating and effacing. The baby will come when it wants to so just hang in there. Congratulations on your little Christmas gift!
it can work. Now just go for walks, close to home of course. stripping the membranes is like rubbing a bag of water thin in one spot. This will cause it to be thinner, and the pressure of everything can make it weak and break. Do squats, and take walks is waht my doc says. good luck. congrats.
It worked for me! My daughter was almost a week late so I went in at 9am to have my membranes stripped and was in labor 10 hours later. It doesn't work for everyone though.


Good luck and Congratulations!
It all depends on if your body is ready for labor or not.


I had mine stripped 3 days before my due date and it did nothing for me and I had to be induced. My friend had her's stripped 3 times and she went a week overdue and had to be induced. And then I had a friend who had it done and within 3hrs she was in labor....it just varies from person to person.
I've known it to work but not necessarily that same day... there are other ways of helping labor come on.. like walking, sex... just takes time. good luck.
It doesn't always work if it dose it will be within 24 hours. My sister had hers done on the 20 of last year before she came home hoping to have the baby with her and didn't have my nephew until January 2nd.
If your doctor did it, i'm sure he has hopes that it will work. Put faith in him and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection