Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At work this morning at teabreak I mentioned i had seen the programme about Stephen Hawking last night?

Out of five of us only myself and another woman had heard about him. I am not talking teenagers here either - the youngest is 37 and the eldest is 53! Is it just me or is this not slightly ridiculous?At work this morning at teabreak I mentioned i had seen the programme about Stephen Hawking last night?
Well if you will work in Greggs.





At least you saw the funny side. Have a star.At work this morning at teabreak I mentioned i had seen the programme about Stephen Hawking last night?
I thought everyone had! I bet they would know him by 'voice' though, even if they cant place his name.
Yes it is..





I thought The Darkness were a great band!!!





';I believe in thing called love....';
That is quite ridiculous. I only saw the first 15 minutes of that programme because my dad stole the remote. Stephen Hawking is a great scientist, pretty down to earth too, funnily enough.
OMG i missed it i was looking forward to seeing this programme, PS i suppose it is a bit strange they have not heard of him, but then again you cant know everyone
well, if you work in a average office and you have an IQ of 120, then there are probably 2 people with an IQ of 90 each. The world is full of stupid people.





Go to the US, it seems to get worse.
Sadly it reflects the way science is regarded here in the UK. People seem to think it is boring or nerdish to have an interest in scientific subjects.





However I wonder how many people who actually own a copy of Hawkings best selling book ';A Brief History of Time'; have read it all through.





Perhaps it is because very few Scientists get onto Parkinson or Jonathan Ross. In fact you rarely hear or see anything about their careers unless they occasionally appear on Radio 4's ';Desert Island Disc's';
My son was talking about it to me this morning, he's 20 and went to a 'sink' comprehensive. Hope for the world yet?
i thought every one had heard of the hawk,my dad died of m.n.d. horror disease ..hawk holds the world record 4 living with it...he never told me anything i didnt already know though
an advert came on the tv an my children knew all about him
surely there isnt anyone who hasnt heard of ';a brief history of time';? i even read it, its physics for the layperson, that alone should make his name household.
God, they must have their heads buried in the sand - that's ridiculous isn't it!!


Scary how little some people know about the world they live in and the things going on around them.
I expect they have, but they are getting on a bit, I often forget things, so im sure they would know him by his voice, just dont remember his name!
Wow my daughter is 12 and she knows who he is - lol that could be cos of the Simpsons though - but seriously that is a bit crazy





*Lol ohh Fred you are so cheeky!!!
Most people only know who he is because of his wheelchair and his voice. Not many people would know anything about his work.





I would imagine most people would recognise him by his picture or his voice.
They didn't know who he is or did not know about the program ?


I mean crikey if they don't know who he is they must live in shells ?!?!
I'm not surprised.


Don't they watch the Simpsons? %26lt;jk%26gt;





I was lucky enough to hear Dr. Hawking lecture 3 years ago in Berkeley, CA. He tired very easily and required a lot of assistance from his grad student. Sad but inspiring at the same time.
Yes, but most people live their lives inside one or other of the soaps now, so Stephen Hawking not being a soap character will not be well known. What a waste of human resources when you think of all those brains caught up in rubbish and this supremely intelligent man held prisoner in a rubbish body.
  • >windows update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    virus protection